A building survey is a detailed report that looks at almost every aspect of a property. We often advise that you choose this type of survey if the property is old, a listed building, unusual or has been altered.
Many clients choose this report for refurbishment and renovation projects, because we report a high level of detail and can tailor our investigation to particular areas.
Before we conduct the survey, we’ll talk to you about your plans for the property, and if there are any particular issues you need us to look at.
We examine all accessible parts of the property, and our report is tailored to your needs, including:
- The location and any adverse features
- A full description of the property
- Technical information on construction and materials
- Major and minor defects and advice on how to manage them
- Recommendations for any specialist investigations
- An estimate of re-building costs for buildings insurance purposes
We can also supply a valuation and guidance on the cost of repairs if agreed with you beforehand.